Wednesday, January 26, 2011

pinoy dream academy 10th expulsion night

i am a certified fanatic! i was still in love with ronnie liang this time. now, ronnie’s way out of the limelight after withdrawing his membership from star magic. oh well, where ever he is, hope he’s doing good. and i’m still not over the fantasy of seeing him in person again… more intimate this time. ;) i know iya is doing great in guam so i wish her nothing but more success in career and lovelife. naks!

**********
contrary to the ill-fortune of scholar joan ilagan, luck seemed to be on my periphery that fateful november 18 night. why?! i just can’t believe i was positioned at the bottom of the stairs leading to the PDA concert hall stage. up front, where my view of the performance and expulsion night was free from obstruction. forgive me but such fanaticism possessing me ever since kaye abad’s day 1 appearance in ang tv from way back when has taken over me once again. a visit to pinoy dream academy was actually one of my weekend agenda while on exile and it was just an enchanting twist of fate to have entered headmaster’s kingdom on the eve of my mom’s birthday.

… and without a ticket, for that matter. tickets have been exhausted a week before the 10th expulsion night so i basically went to battlefield with no-nada weapons whatsoever. it’s just that big brother and headmaster love me and the fanatic in me dearly, they blessed me with an ever-supportive paps, who sapped out his network for sources of gate pass in the person of mr. bedimpled crowd controller i-forgot-his-name. but i would want to believe that it was still my charm which prompted him to stamp the pass on my arm.

then bambacute came running, er, strutting her butt towards the concert hall 10 minutes before the performance night started.

it was indeed an unexplainably awesome feeling… being there inside the concert hall, watching toni gonzaga and nikki gil practice their spiels, direk lauren having one last quick check on all logistics, abs-cbn staff and PA’s ushering the mentors and jurors to their spots on opposite sides of the dome, ex-scholars and dream girls making their way to their reserved seats, and fans here and there waving pictures and banners of their fave scholars who were then inside the academy still.

i was in the middle of these all… awe and star struck with everything and everybody. you probably saw the 10th expulsion night, ok, so i won’t go blabbing about it anyway. just some behind-the-scenes unforgettables…

mom’s fave, scholar panky trinidad, really shook the entire dome with a powerful rendition of santa claus is coming to town, that is. maderloo, panky simply is superb! and ey, after a chitchat with ex-scholar chai fonacier (panky’s bestfriend), i found out that we’re neighbors pala in skyline. uhmm… not exactly mega neighbors, but neighbors with their relatives. greatness! hui, fitness master, teacher gege, has humongous feet. no wonder she kicks pretty damn hard, huh! early fave, gemma fitzgerald, was accommodating enough to enthusiastically smile for the digicam with me. such a lovely gurl!

jena, you should’ve seen your chad peralta in person. hunkable, papable is he! yoko na magsalita pa baka sabihin mo na namang inaagaw ko sya sa’yo. “let jena know it’s christmas time again…” flunked by an all-bisaya assemblage, jay-r siaboc easily spotted me amongst the audience and flashed me a big smile. hay naku, kung di ka lang bf ni bestfriend iya, akin ka na rin. oh well… “have yourself a very merry christmas” yes, I’ll have myself a very merry christmas, thanks to you, fafa jay-r.

toni gonzaga is a tunganga queen pala. in between spiels and takes, she sits quiet in one corner, stares blankly at nothingness with tired eyes and slouched shoulders. that’s how grounded she is, then takes a 180-degree turn of emotions right when the camera lights on her. aba, ganyan ka pala ha?! and nikki gil… she just answered why geoff eigenmann and gab valenciano went gaga over her.

waitness! correct me if I’m wrong ha, but was that a long second glance my ronniekins just gave me before going backstage? nah, no need to correct me coz i know deep in my heart twas really me his eyes were searching for in the crowd. “sana ngayong pasko ay maalala mo pa rin ako…” -- of course, babykins, we’ll be together by then. but for now, you have to come across that nomination clean, okei? mashado ka kasing na-distract sa beaming presence ko last saturday eh. -- ex-scholar michelle bond a.k.a. my ronniekins’ “cat” (puh-lease) may be there but i effortlessly over-powered her influence on ronnie by my mere existence. simple as that!

and to top it all… bestfriend iya ginez, who haven’t been watching the performance nights after being expelled, was there in support, of course, to boyfriend jay-r. what a sweetness sight to see! she was just there with chai, taking pictures and videos of jay-r and cheering on him. mind you, she’s not that chubby and dark in person as she is on tv yet still genuinely pretty. no-need-to-bat-an-eyelash pretty. and this… this picturesque is the main reason why i braved the crowd amidst the noise and haste.


mababaw and crazily funny, it may seem for some, but for an extremist fan (reads: fanatic!!!) like me… spare me the ridiculous-look in your eyes… coz i just had a definitely great night to remember.


originally posted on november 20, 2006 @ friendster blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment